The Friends of Attleboro Animal Shelter (FAAS) is a 501(c)3
We are an all-volunteer organization, who donates our time and hearts to the Cats and Dogs in Attleboro and surrounding communities.
We are committed to nurturing and promoting the animal-human bond and creating a community where our relationship with companion animals is guided by compassion.
Our dedication and commitment is achieved through adoptions, community awareness, fostering and caring for companion animals until loving homes can be found.
Our Vision is to reduce the number of unwanted animals through community Spay and Neuter programs, Low Cost Vaccinations Programs and Micro-Chip events, all while raising awareness and promoting responsible ownership.
We are deeply committed to these goals while ensuring the financial security and stability of the organization for future generations.
Each year, hundreds of abandoned companion cats and dogs looking for a second chance in life are successfully placed in loving homes through adoptions facilitated by FAAS.
Friends of Attleboro Animal Shelter (FAAS) in partnership with the City of Attleboro are teaming up and officially kicking off the Capital Campaign, "Paving the Way - One Paw at a Time", to raise funds for a new animal shelter. All funds raised will go towards and aid in the cost of construction of the new facility.
The current shelter is inadequate and outdated and has outgrown its current and future needs.
The Shelter as it is today:
- Lacks proper ventilation and air circulation, making treatment and containment of even common animal illnesses like kennel cough and feline upper respiratory infection nearly impossible to combat.
- There is no quarantine space for sick animals.
- No isolation areas for new arrivals.
- Potential adopters are cramped as they seek their new pet.
- Supplies are cramped above kennels, under kennels and in every crevice possible.
The goal of the new shelter is to create a new facility that will adequately accommodate the current and future demand for animal care and services in Attleboro. The shelter will provide the homeless animals of Attleboro with a safe and healthy start towards their new journey in life.
The Shelter as we envision:.
- Air Purification System to provide proper ventilation and air circulation.
- Separate isolation and quarantine areas.
- Adoption Rooms for families to meet and greet their potential new pet.
- Centralized Cleaning and Sanitation System.
- Larger Kennels to maximize the health and well-being of our cats and dogs.
- Adequate space inside to properly provide socialization and stimulation.
- Proper storage for supplies and food.