Park Partners, Inc.



Gloucester Courthouse Square Historic District is situated on beautiful Main Street and is home to many historic buildings. Tucker Store, located on the outside of the court circle, was operated from 1872 until 1980 under various names and serving many purposes, including a wheelwright’s shop. The building was demolished in 1984, leaving behind the grassy lot that exists today. Through a series of private donors and partnerships, Gloucester Parks, Recreation & Tourism and Park Partners, Inc. will create a welcoming and attractive space on Main Street. Engraved bricks will be prominently featured in a wagon-wheel design around the town clock.  The project also calls for three interpretive kiosks, featuring the history of the daffodil industry and Daffodil Festival, the history of Gloucester Main Street and Courthouse area, and Werowocomoco, the site where Pocahontas and Chief Powhatan first met Captain John Smith. Beautiful landscaping, benches, drinking fountain and pathways complete the design. Construction is scheduled to begin in late spring of 2019.   

Purchase a brick and leave a lasting legacy! 4x8 Brick - $50 

 
Payment made to Park Partners, Inc. For questions or more information, please contact klegg@gloucesterva.info 

copyright @ 2019 Polar Engraving  Read our Privacy Policy