March is Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month according to the CDC “about one in 6 children in the U.S. have one or more developmental disabilities or other developmental delays.” Developmental disabilities can be due to impairments in learning, language, physical or behavioral areas. Conditions may range from Autism, behavior disorders, brain injuries, Down Syndrome and Spina Bifida.
The medical care for these conditions may be costly and life-long, some even requiring 24-hour care. Although both governmental and private organizations can provide support services, families affected may have financial strains and may turn to fundraising for the care of their loved ones.
Polar Engraving works with many organizations like the ARC, Therapeutic Riding Foundations, Camps, Care facilities and individuals raising funds for people with developmental disabilities. These organizations can support people with developmental disabilities by providing care, residential accommodations, employment support, education, training, and therapeutic services.
Why an Engraved Brick Fundraiser?
- Brick campaigns are extremely popular and help to raise money quickly for a specific cause.
- Easy concept: your committee just needs to decide where the bricks will be placed, pick a brick color that can match the existing project and finally set the price for the donation which varies depending on the targeted community.
- No upfront costs: your association will receive donations for the custom engraved bricks before any fundraising bricks are purchased by the organization.
- Donors and future donors will be able to see the existing etched bricks in a pathway, walkway or wall, and will be interested in buying more engraved pavers.
- A brick fundraiser is an ongoing project.
For more information on Developmental disabilities, awareness visit the National Association of Councils on Developmental Disabilities at www.nacdd.org
Polar engraving is specialized in successful fundraising projects, we offer an impeccable customer service and our staff has more than 20 years of experience in fundraising and memorial programs. For more information about starting an engraved brick fundraiser please visit www.polarengraving.com