• Where do volunteers serve?
National Volunteer Week is a time to celebrate and recognize with an engraved brick fundraiser to those who dedicate their time to volunteering in their communities or local organizations. This year, from April 23-29th, we praise and appreciate these valuable volunteers and we thank them for their service.
While volunteers are certainly valued year-round by school PTO or PTA groups, hospitals, churches, nonprofits and other charitable organizations where they serve, many are recognized and celebrated during National Volunteer Week in April.
As a brick engraving company, we at Polar Engraving know the tremendous value of volunteers participating in brick fundraising campaigns for local community organizations. We have been helping organizations with brick campaigns for nearly 20 years and have worked with many volunteers and associations along the way.
• Who are these volunteers?
The work they do and the value they add can never be underestimated. Here are a few statistics from the Corporation for National & Community Service:
• More than 62 million Americans volunteered close to 7.8 billion hours of their time in 2016, providing a value of about $184 billion. The value is based on the average volunteer hour having a value of $23.07.
• 27 percent is the greater odds volunteers have for getting a job after being out of work than non-volunteers.
• 80 percent of volunteers donated to charity, compared to only 40 percent of those who do not volunteer. Overall, about 50 percent of all Americans donated at least $25 to charity.
• Generation X, those born between 1965 and 1980, has the highest volunteer rate of all age groups at 30 percent. But the silver generation, those 75 and older, have the highest average number of volunteer hours at 100. For millennials, the volunteer rate is 20 percent.
• How to thank valuable volunteers with an engraved brick?
These facts are a clear reminder of the value volunteers provide, but if you’re looking for a way to honor and recognize your volunteers, we’ve got a great idea for you! Consider recognizing your top volunteers with an engraved brick or engraved tile. These are perfect if you’ve recently completed an engraved brick fundraising campaign or even if you’re considering a new engraved brick project.
Take advantage of this week of volunteerism to nominate someone you know and admire for a volunteer award, share about your favorite cause on social media, and find an opportunity to volunteer yourself.
To learn more about how Polar Engraving can help your organization with brick fundraising with free marketing tools, high quality engraved bricks or tiles and high potential profit margins contact us TODAY to get started! 800-546-7993